The Lonely Beast ABC
As featured in the iPad TV commercial 'Together'!
The Lonely Beast ABC is an alphabet adventure based on Chris Judge’s much loved children’s book, The Lonely Beast.
Chris has created 26 new interactive hand-drawn scenes featuring the Beast and his friends, to help kids learn the alphabet, discover new words and have heaps of fun all at the same time.
From (fully playable) musical instruments and dancing robots, to spinning bow ties and laughing monkeys, this is a very hands-on journey through the alphabet. Every letter has something new to play with, because we think learning works best when kids are having fun. To demonstrate our commitment to cutting edge technology, the app also includes a fully operational virtual light switch.
- Voiceover by the author of The Lonely Beast
- Packed with lots of stuff to tap and swipe
- Fully playable drums and xylophone
- Original music by Simon Judge
- Visual and audio feedback for letters
- Retina graphics
- 6 different types of hat
A child friendly app:
- Easy no-clutter navigation
- No third-party advertising
- No in-app purchases
- No social media
- Featured in the iPad TV commercial 'Together' (L is for light!)
- Nominated for the Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award at the Bologna Children's Book Fair
- Editor's Choice Award, Children's Technology Review
- Featured by Apple in New & Noteworthy and Apps for Kids
- “A fantastic ABC app for kids” - Boing Boing
- “A thing of great beauty ... so well designed and crafted you can feel the picture book maker behind it, and that's what makes it such a delight” - The App Puppy
- “Top of my list for favorite ABC apps … interactivity that is going to have your child wanting to play with the app over and over again” - BabyCenter
- “An instant hit” - Babyccino Kids
- “A beautiful storybook-style letter lesson, appropriate for little ones of almost any age” - Best Of The Best, Best Apps for Kids
- “A great app for introducing the letters of the alphabet with fun and ease” - Editor's Favourite, AppySmarts
- “Full of character and will give your little ones the tools to learn their alphabet while showing them how fun learning can be” - The iPhone Mom
- “Brimming with character and visual wit” - Inis Magazine
- “An app which will be loved by both parents and toddlers” – Candepop
- “Polished, characterful cards with plenty of humour” – Apps Playground
Follow us on Twitter – @LonelybeastABC
Optimised for Retina displays – now with extra-crisp illustrations, more vivid colour and 37% extra jelly wobbliness.
- We finally managed to get an appointment with the xylophone repair man, so our xylophone is now properly tuned
- Launch screen glitch squashed
- Extra jelly wobbliness
- Increased “oooh”s per shooting star
- Playable The End letters
- Animated 'Shell' sailboat
We hope you enjoy the latest update. Please take a moment to rate + review The Lonely Beast ABC in the App Store; it helps us to keep these updates coming. Thanks for your support and feedback!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 10, 2013
- James Kelleher
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (28)
- 53.7 MB