Famous boardgame and great iOS experience, now with expansions as in-app purchases.
"iPhone Game of the Year", iTunes Rewind Germany.
"The single best board game experience in the App Store", gamezebo
"Carcassonne does just about everything right on the iPhone", ars technica
"It is quite simply one of the most polished games on the platform", wired.com
"There's nothing like a sneaky farmer to push you across the winning line", Edge Magazine
"Beautiful and intuitive", joystiq
"Carcassonne is as good as it gets", EGM
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline.
Now with retina graphics for the new iPad!
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Universal App - Buy once, play on iPad and iPhone
• Expansions available via In-App-Purchase
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns and Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• 9 different AI players: (Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock)
• Push Notifications
• Play with up to five players passing one device around
• Local network play
• Internet multiplayer
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Easy mode that does not count Fields, ideal for Kids
• Online and offline ranking
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Tutorials with voice acting
• Compete for the best score in Solitaire Game of the Week
• Chat function for Internet and local network games
• Play with Game Center friends
• Game Center Achievements
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• How do I redownload my Expansions?
You can restore your purchases free of charge in the app's purchases menu. (The treasure chest in the main menu.)
• What about more Expansions?
We are continuing to work on further expansions. Please don't hesitate to tell us which one you'd like to see next!
• Can I play asynchronously?
Yes. In "Play with Friends" you can leave the app and will be notified when it's your turn again. No pressure though, unlike "Quick Play" there are no time limits.
• Can I play against my familiy or friends by passing the device around?
Yes, of course. Up to five players can play on the same device.
• Do I need to buy the expansions to participate in a game with expansions?
If you are playing local network multiplayer you can share an expansion with your opponents. To play online multiplayer, you need to buy the expansion to play with it.
• Can I play with expansions in quick play?
Yes. However currently we limit the combinations of the expansions in quick play to avoid fragmentation of the player base and longer waiting times for games. We try to give three or four useful combinations for quick play.
• An issue that caused scoring animations to be skipped during the game or during end game scoring.
• An issue where the green "it's your turn" indicator and the app's badge count would be displayed incorrectly.
• An issue with game pieces appearing when dragging/tapping on the upper right ribbon on iPad.
• An issue with Emoji in Game Center names causing players to be unable to connect.
• An issue which caused builder and pig playing pieces placed by Frank being displayed incorrectly.
• Improved networking in bad conditions and ISPs with heavy filtering.
• Preventing placing builder on completed cities / roads.
• The game now can detect if expansions have been bought previously and will offer to restore them automatically.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 24, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (500)
- 427.2 MB