Mental Case is an insanely-great flashcard study app for your Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
Powerful, and yet beautifully designed, Mental Case can get things into your head, whether you want to learn Spanish, study for exams like GRE, SAT and GMAT, or undertake a medical degree, Mental Case is the tool for the job.
You can create your own flashcards and include audio, video, images, and text. But Mental Case was also the first flashcard app to have integrated downloads from flashcardexchange.com and quizlet.com, so you have free access to millions of sets of flash cards.
Mental Case is the only flashcard app where you can be sure to have your study material with you wherever you are. That's because you can sync your iPhone or iPad with your Mac via Wi-Fi, and sync multiple Macs via iCloud. Mental Case syncs up your notes, and your study progress.
The powerful study scheduling algorithms used in Mental Case, which are based on the Leitner and spaced-repetition methods, ensure you get the maximum memory retention for the time you spend studying. Just grade yourself while you study, and Mental Case takes care of the rest.
"Overall, it's a great application at a price that's pitched exactly right."
“Mental Case provides a very nice balance of functionality, desktop and iPhone/iPod touch integration and ease-of-use that make it the leader of the pack in the flash card genre for Mac users.”
“Mental Case is a beautifully designed new commercial offering in the flashcard software world ... It offers excellent support for interval study, graded slideshows for both study on demand and interval study as well as convenient set management. ”
Mental Case was in the New and Noteworthy section (US and other stores) in August 2012, and in What's Hot in September 2012. It is often featured in the Macs in Class section.
➤➤➤ What You Can Study
There is no shortage of things you can learn with Mental Case, whether it be a new language like Spanish or Chinese, or how to pilot a plane.
● Learn a language. Learn Spanish, French, German, Japanese, or Chinese.
● Learn ancient languages like Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, and Latin.
● Medical studies like medicine, pharmacology, and nursing.
● Study for the legal bar exam.
● Study for exams such as the GRE, SAT, GMAT, GCE, GCSE, LCSW, NCLEX, TEAS, Terp10, SCWS, PMK, and CPA.
● Study for a driver's test or pilot's licence.
● Enter mental notes with images, video, audio, and formatted text.
● Include as many facets ('sides') in your notes as you like.
● Flip through your notes in the unique 3D browser.
● Group notes in stacks, and nest your stacks in cases ('folders') as deeply as you like.
● Create smart stacks based on search rules.
● Flag and tag notes.
● Study schedule tailored to your goals, including long-term learning and cramming options.
● Download notes directly from FlashcardExchange.com and Quizlet.com.
● Import and export your notes in many different formats (e.g. CSV, TSV)
● Sync over Wi-Fi with a Mental Case app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
● Sync Mental Case on multiple Macs via iCloud.
● Use global hot keys to quickly capture any piece of information in any app.
● Take photos with your FaceTime camera.
● Grab screen shots to use in your notes directly from inside Mental Case.
● Study your mental notes in gorgeous slideshows.
● Study multiple choice quiz slideshows.
● View graphical slideshow statistics, including estimates of memory retention.
● Print your slides in many different layouts.
➤➤➤ Also Available
Mental Case Flashcards HD (iOS)
Mental Case Classroom Edition (iOS)
WARNING: The iOS edition of Mental Case does not support all features of Mental Case for Mac OS X. Formatted text and multiple-choice quizzes are not supported. More than 2-sides (facets) per flashcard are only supported in slideshows.
- Fixed crash when in slideshow mode on Mac OS X 10.7.5.
- Other minor bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 07, 2013
- The Mental Faculty
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (349)
- 28.5 MB