Yoink simplifies drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps.
- Featured in the App Store's New and Noteworthy Section
- Featured in the App Store's Staff Favorites section
- Pick of the Week on MacBreak Weekly (http://twit.tv/mbw)
When you start dragging a file that exists on your hard disk or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window on the left edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the drop and resume the drag from Yoink's window.
--- What customers say about Yoink ---
"Very impressive and elegant implementation. This is "how apple should have done it"." - Thiago S, 5-Star Rating, US Store
"Fantastic. What a great little app." - Todd S., 5-Star rating, US Store
"Excellent little app. It fills a hole that currently exists with drag and drop in Mac OS X." - wiebe19, 5-Star rating, US Store
"Yoink sure does make a big difference." Michael S., 5-Star rating, US Store
"I'm fullscreen all the time in Lion. Yoink solved a problem I didn't even know I had" - @jabancroft on twitter
"Trust me on this: If you use Fullscreen Apps on Lion you will need @eternalstorms Yoink. I was so frustrated before it" - @pattulus on twitter
"Absolutely loving Yoink, a drag and drop helper for working in full screen apps in Lion. [At this price], a total steal" - @corvustweets on twitter
--- What the press says about Yoink ---
"If you work with full-screen apps on a daily basis and you’d like to enhance Lion’s drag & drop support, Yoink is a must-have." - MacStories.net
"It's simple, it's effective and it solves [dragging between fullscreen apps and spaces] quite elegantly." - tuaw.com
"Yoink Is a Life Saver on small screens." - lifehacker.com
For updates and news, please follow @eternalstorms on twitter!
- Items can now be pinned in Yoink so they don't disappear when dragged out
- The list of "ignored apps" can now be inverted to a list of "allowed apps"
- Instead of a timeout, Yoink now shows up as long as an item is dragged and disappears when the drag ends
- Better handling of drags from the Dock
- Improved general handling of drag and drop of files from/to Yoink
- Yoink can now be added to "PDF Services" for "Print to PDF" functionality
- Items can now be "Opened With" via contextual menu
- Items can now be revealed in Finder via contextual menu
- Yoink's window doesn't jump to a different monitor anymore if it's already shown
- No more linen!
- Fixed a bug where shortcuts with only option didn't work
- Fixed a critical bug with Spotlight where, when files were dragged from the Spotlight search to Yoink, they would end up in the trash
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 04, 2013
- Matthias Gansrigler
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (17)
- 1.5 MB