Mr. Reader is a RSS news reader for your iPad that synchronizes with your Google Reader account.
• Google Reader synchronization
• Multiple Google Reader accounts with separate settings
• Supports starred and tagged items (in Oct. 2011 Google removed the shared, friend's shared items, etc.)
• Mark items as read (single, all, older than n-days/weeks, above/below the current position)
• Mark as read while scrolling
• Search and add new feeds
• Folder management (create, rename, delete)
• Feed management (rename, delete, assign to folders)
• Tag management (create, rename, delete, assign tags to feed items)
• Reorder your folders, feeds and tags
• Toggle to show only folders and feeds with unread items
• List items chronological or grouped by feeds
• Search for articles with the option to save searches
• Load more articles on request
• Reading; Switch between RSS, Web, Instapaper Mobilizer, Readability Mobilizer, Pocket Mobilizer
• Customizable articles table: thumbnail size, thumbnails left/right, row height, font size, multiline titles
• Reading; Thumbpad to navigate between articles and to close the article viewer
• Image caching for offline reading (currently this applies only to the RSS view)
• 4 themes are included; additional themes can be installed from the website
• web based theme editor, you will see every change immediately in Mr. Reader. Be creative!
• VoiceOver: To make Mr. Reader accessible for blind or nearly blind people. Suggestions are always welcome.
and some more!
• Open with Safari and every Browser App that can be opened by a URL scheme.
• Included: Apollo Browser, Atomic Web, Dolphin Browser, Google Chrome, Grazing, iCab Mobile, Maven Web Browser+, Mercury, Opera Mini, Sleipnir
• Post to Twitter (multiple accounts supported), Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, App.net (ADN; multiple accounts supported)
• Add to Buffer (supporting the Pro accounts)
• Save to Delicious, Diigo, Kippt, Pinboard, Zootool
• Send to Instapaper, Pocket, Readability
• Send articles to your Kindle by using Tinderizer or SENDtoREADER
• Create task/note in OmniFocus, Things, Toodledo, Evernote
• Post to Tumblr, Posterous
• Add articles to Bolt
• Open article in your Mac browser by using "Send2Mac" (i love it!)
• Open articles in "any" browser by using the SendTab service
• Generic solution to open other Apps by using their URL scheme.
• Included: Articles, Blogsy, Drafts, HootSuite, OmniFocus, Papers, Poster, Search Google, Search Wikipedia, Terminology, Things
• Print article
• Send link by 'Message' (text message)
• Send article by mail
• Send link by mail
• Copy link
• Copy short URL to clipboard
• URL shortener: goo.gl, TinyURL, is.gd, bitly, Bolt, CloudApp, custom
! Please note that a Google Reader account is required !
If you have any features requests, problems or questions, please contact me by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). I'm unable to respond to feedback posted in the App Store. Thank you!
• Browser Bookmarklets support added. More infos: http://www.curioustimes.de/mrreader/bookmarklets/
• Tap on folder behavior can be changed in the Miscellaneous settings: display articles or open folder
• Theme Editor: The color and style (bold + underline) of links in the article view can be set
• Accessibility improved (VoiceOver)
• 'Launch 1Password' added to most login dialogs (only when 1Password v4 is installed)
• Service Templates: New tag/placeholder [AUTHOR] introduced to insert the article author if available
• Added a button to insert the article author in the Twitter, App.net, Buffer and Toodledo dialogs
• Added a button to insert the original URL to the Twitter, App.net and Buffer dialogs. For most users it was unknown that the original URL (instead of the shortened URL) could be inserted with a tap and hold on the 'Link' button.
• Replaced the insert value buttons (Source, Title, ...) in the Twitter, App.net and Buffer dialogs with a keyboard extension. I was running out of space displaying all of this buttons.
• Twitter: Upgraded to the Twitter API v1.1. v1.0 retires in March 2013.
• Twitter: Now I'm updating the t.co link lengths once a day by asking Twitter. Previously it was hard coded. Did not thought that Twitter will change them that often. ;-)
• App.net code migrated. There are some API changes that will take effect on March 20, 2013
• Posterous removed. The Posterous API is broken since December 2012 (500 Internal Error), and it will turn off on April 30, 2013
• Article View: The sharing menu button no longer uses the selected text. Was a relict and responsible for a unwanted behavior when some text was selected but no service configured to process it (opened Safari).
• Article View: Now the header values (title, author) can be selected for example for copy & paste or the text selection actions
• Article View: No more text on the right side of an image if it is larger than 3/4 of the current set article width
• Zoom Image: My Thumbpad could be used while the Zoom Image dialog was in display. It did not show the buttons, but the functionality was executed. :-(
• Articles Table: After a rotation the shadows at top and bottom were occasionally not displayed in full length
• Error message added when the image saving failed due to missing access rights (iOS Settings App -> Privacy -> Photos)
• Portrait mode: A tap on the unused space in the folders/feeds table toggles the articles table position. But it was in an undefined state when you moved the articles table manually at this time.
• Article View (only iOS 5): Tapping a link to open a installed App (via App URL scheme) did not open the App and a error message was shown (e.g. Drafts action import URL's).
• Used the wrong 'return' key description in the multiline message fields of the Twitter, App.net and Tumblr dialogs (was 'Done')
• Articles Table: Fixed the ugly cut off of the last line when you used multiline titles and a small row height
If you like Mr. Reader, please rate it in the App Store every time an update comes out. That helps me a lot, thank you very much!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 12, 2013
- Oliver Fürniß
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (81)
- 5.7 MB