Hebrew in Harmony
iOS Universal Education
This universal app is an essential component of Hebrew in Harmony, the groundbreaking curriculum for 4th-6th graders that uses the power of music to engage students with prayer.
Rooted in music, Hebrew in Harmony encourages students to create meaning from personal prayer and make emotional connections through communal prayer. The flowing words also help students learn Hebrew through the music.
Each prayer in the app comes with:
•Music and Videos: A traditional melody plus 3-4 interpretations of the prayer. Music in the series comes from more than 50 of today’s top Jewish musicians. Videos explain the meaning of the prayer, hosted by Jewish educators Noah Aronson, Eliana Light, and the Bible Players.
•Games: 2-3 games to reinforce key concepts in game-style play. Games are called “Melody Soup,” “Zombie Pizza Party,” and “Quiz It.”
•Hebrew Reading Practice: Students can hear the prayer in Israeli and American voices, or even their teacher’s own recording. Students have three levels of listening and recording options for each of the 22 prayers. Teachers can hear their students’ recordings and offer comments.
Hebrew in Harmony Prayers:
Ein Keloheinu, Adon Olam
Ma'ariv Aravim/Yotzer Or
What's New in 2.0
- 7 new prayers, for a total of 22 prayers
- Completely redesigned interface, making it easy to play music and videos and more attractive throughout
- Three difficulty levels for Hebrew practice: word by word, line by line, and the whole prayer at once
- Free Sh'ma module, no need to sign in
- An entirely new game: Zombie Pizza Party! Reinforces the meaning of key prayer words
- Melody Soup game begins by showing whole Hebrew word; familiarizes tweens with the melodies of prayer
- Congregations can replace the Sing Along video with a custom recording.
- Play audio and video on Bluetooth speakers and AirPlay devices like Apple TV
What's New in 3.0
- It's now much easier to sign-in and manage your classrooms, with our new sign-in system
- Teachers can search for and add their own videos
- Support for Behrman House's Online Learning Center (OLC) for those who already created classes using the old sign-in system.
- Bug fixes and design improvements
- Various bug fixes for the new school year, including for an iOS 14 crash when playing a Sing Along video
- Dark mode support
- We've improved The Melody Soup game