SignalScope Basic 2018
iOS Universal Education
SignalScope Basic 2018 offers a basic tool set to meet your measurement and analysis needs as an engineer, consultant, educator, student, researcher, or savvy hobbyist in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
- Analyze signals coming from the iOS device’s current audio input device or from the built-in accelerometer.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Direct support for Digiducer 333D01 accelerometer and miniDSP UMIK-1 measurement microphone
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iPhone and iPad built-in microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the Lightning-to-headset adapter included with recent iPhone models)
- Manually switch between available audio input sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 192 kHz, depending on input hardware.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, tab-delimited ASCII text, or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device. Files may also be opened in other compatible apps (e.g. Mail, Notes, Numbers, Dropbox, etc).
- Oscilloscope - Basic oscilloscope and triggering functions.
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and basic triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Scope - Visually check stereo channel separation or create Lissajous curves on your iPhone or iPad.
Learn more about SignalScope Basic 2018 at FaberAcoustical.com.
SignalScope Basic 2018 will receive major upgrades, consistent with those available in the SignalScope X Basic Tool Set subscription, through calendar year 2019, after which it will receive maintenance updates for a limited time. It can be used indefinitely thereafter on a compatible version of iOS.
- Minor bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.