Changes - Micro Journal
iOS iPhone Healthcare & Fitness
It’s a struggle to know what really makes you happy. Our primitive brains are fundamentally ill-equipped to compute all our habits, achievements, aspirations and values. By keeping a log of how you feel while you feel it you can go beyond your inner dialogue to discern patterns of mood and behaviour. This app provides evidence-based and non-judgemental insight into what it is that really makes you happy.
Mood tracking for busy people: Write your diary every day and say as much as you feel
• Hashtag support to add structure or for quicker entries
• Apple Watch support for the quickest entries
• Dark and light mode support for maximum comfort
• Randomised daily reminders
• Scheduled reminders if you want to get into a journaling habit
• Machine learning does some basic sentiment analysis to give you a gentle tail-wind when discerning your mood
• Timeline and search features make it easy to explore your diary, with starred entries always visible for a "condensed narrative"
• Sensitive entries can be marked private and will be blurred out and locked on your timeline so you nobody accidentally sees anything over your shoulder
• Location can be automatically recorded with every entry
• Useful tools to manage and organise your entries and hashtags
Insights: As you add more data, more insights are unlocked
• At a glance insights in words and charts help you quickly see your progress
• Augmented Reality infographics let you deep-dive into large data sets without any pinching, swiping, tapping or scrolling - just move your phone around to explore
• When you discover something interesting, take a picture to save to your Photos or share with others
• Word clouds let you see what's been on your mind the most
• Location map lets you see where you have been happiest
• My Story insight lets you see all of your data at once with lanes of hashtags and a detailed day-by-day calendar.
Take Action - make a change!
• When you have enough data you can try making a change in your life
• See how your story unfolds and whether you made your life better or worse
You own your data
• iCloud sync
• Export JSON or your whole database
• We don't do analytics without your permission and we tell you exactly what we collect
This is the third evolution of my 'happiness app' concept since 2009 (or fifth, depending on how you count it). When I first started tracking my mood I didn't know what to expect. Now I have a pretty good idea of the biggest strengths of this mechanism and I've collected and bundled all of my insights in to this app, just for you. I hope you'll give it a try.
Michael Forrest - Founder / Designer / Developer - Good To Hear UK
You can now manage your own list of tags.
And some minor bug fixes.