iOS Universal Productivity
Tot is an elegant, simple way to collect & edit text across your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. It’s your tiny text companion!
⁕ Less Is More
Tot’s single window design and simple formatting controls mean no more hunting for that chunk of text. Seven color-coded dots let you organize your notes while keeping them from getting out of hand.
⁕ Dark / Light Mode
Designed to look stunning both day and night, Tot takes full advantage of iOS and macOS themes.
⁕ Small Footprint
Stays out of the way on the desktop with minimal chrome and can even be controlled via the Menu bar. On mobile, each dot is just a swipe away.
⁕ iCloud Sync
Seamlessly syncs your text across iOS and macOS using iCloud so you can capture thoughts wherever you are.
⁕ Markdown Support
Full support for rich or plain text and even automatically translates text to Markdown for handy use on the web. Have an RTF file you need marked up? No problem!
⁕ Killer Keyboard
Tot puts common text operations on the keyboard and keeps track of word and character counts as you type.
Tot takes accessibility seriously with affordances for color blindness and full support for VoiceOver.
Available for iOS and macOS.
• Dot defragger: compacts dots to keep things clean and organized:
- Cleans up dots by moving full ones to the left and empty ones to the right
- iOS: Use “Compact Dots” in share sheet (or tap & hold on share icon)
- macOS: Use Window > Compact Dots… (or ⇧⌘D)
• AutoList will only remove bullets if they are in the middle of a list [Thanks Ian!]
• Fixed check for 100,000 characters: deleting text no longer triggers the alert
• If the first paragraph of a dot is mostly Arabic or Hebrew, the text will automatically switch to using a Right-to-Left writing direction [Thanks Ezra!]
• In plain text, ⌘B and ⌘I inserts a single Markdown character without a selection (this previously only worked with selected text)
• New symbol picker added to status bar:
- Click on the asterisk to get a popover with symbols
- Pick a bullet to start a new list, Emoji to add status, or any other symbol
- A quick alternative to ⌃⌘Spacebar
• Fixed sample text at first launch