iOS Universal Reference
Orbitrack is a brand-new, Augmented-and-Virtual-Reality satellite tracker and spaceflight simulator! It's your pocket guide to the thousands of spacecraft in orbit around our home planet.
1) More than 5000 spacecraft, including all active satellites, classified military satellites, the International Space Station, and SpaceX's Starlink communication satellites.
2) Rich new graphics, rewritten using Apple's Metal graphics API, show atmospheric effects, city lights on Earth’s night side, and highly-detailed 3D satellite models.
3) Voice-controlled Virtual Reality mode that works with any smartphone VR viewer. iPhone only.
4) A true "augmented reality" mode that helps you find satellites in the sky by blending the sky chart with video from your phone's camera. Works with Orbit and Satellite views too!
5) Radio frequency data for amateur radio satellites.
6) Updated descriptions for hundreds of spacecraft. Every satellite now has a description from n2yo.com.
7) Supports the latest Apple hardware and software: iPhone 12, XR, SE, iPad Pro, and iOS 14.
8) Dozens of user interface tweaks and optimizations make Orbitrack faster and easier to use than Satellite Safari.
9) Requires at least iPhone 5S or iPad Air with 64-bit processor and iOS 10 or later.
10) New sound effects and ambient background music.
11) New Time Flow controls let you easily set the date and time, and animate the view.
If you're new to Orbitrack, here's what it can do:
• Track thousands of satellites. Orbitrack will tell you when spacecraft pass overhead, show you where to find them in the sky, and let you track them across the planet.
• Teach you about the International Space Station, Starlink, and hundreds of other satellites in orbit, with comprehensive mission descriptions.
• Show the view from any satellite, and see the Earth from orbit just as the “bird” sees it! Orbitrack includes detailed 3D models for dozens of satellites – see them up close from any angle!
• Stay on top of the space race. Orbitrack updates its satellite data from n2yo.com and celestrak.com every hour. When new spacecraft are launched, maneuver into new orbits, or fall back into the atmosphere, Orbitrack shows you what’s happening up there, right now.
Orbitrack isn’t just powerful – it’s incredibly easy to use! You don’t need an aerospace degree to become an expert satellite tracker. Orbitrack puts advanced capabilities at your fingertips, with the same intuitive touch interface you use every day.
The new VR mode is an out-of-this-world experience. Become an astronaut without ever leaving Planet Earth!
And if that’s not enough, Orbitrack includes detailed, built-in Help – and expert, responsive technical support.
1) Support for MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) and MacOS 11 (Big Sur).
2) Support for iOS 14 and iPhone 12.
3) On iPad, the Search, Settings, Info, and Help views now appear in popup windows to avoid blocking the screen.
4) Uses Apple's new Metal 3D graphics API instead of OpenGL - a big graphics performance improvement!
5) Securely downloads satellite data using HTTPS connections.
6) Fixes problems with Settings popup view on iPads and Macs.
7) Now allows 360-degree-wide maps in Ground Track view.
8) On iPad, selecting a new satellite in Search or satellite lists now takes effect instantly.
9) On iPad, changing any settings switch now takes effect instantly.
10) Improved contrast between Earth's day and night sides.
11) Fixed some typos in Help and satellite info.